Sales cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
As a sales representative, you need to be persuasive in order to seal the deal—that includes when you want to get a job. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top sales jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about sales careers and search for sales jobs on Monster.
Sales representative cover letter template
Sometown, FL 55555 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 27, 2017
Ms. Rita Jones
VP of Sales
55 East Second Street
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Territory Sales Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
As your next territory sales manager, my focus and energy will be directed toward achieving the same multimillion-dollar growth for your southeast territory that I have delivered for my current and former employers.
I am a dedicated sales professional with experience propelling my assigned regions to record-setting revenue results. I oversee top-producing salesforces; multi-state territories; and retail, wholesale and distributer channels.
In my present role as sales territory manager at XYZ Company as well as in earlier sales positions, I have consistently met or exceeded quotas and expectations. For example, I have:
- Closed $6.8M in 2017 (20% above goal) to achieve a new territory record in overall sales volume at XYZ Company.
- Ranked in the top 5% of sales professionals company-wide throughout my career, including #1 revenue and market-share honors out of 100 colleagues nationwide during my tenure with DEF Company.
- Expanded account base by 23% during a time when industry sales declined by 10%.
Regarded as an expert in consultative sales, account management and salesforce development, I am driven to sell, enjoy teaching others how to sell and take pride in serving my customers and channel partners with excellence.
I look forward to discussing plans for generating new business opportunities within ABC’s southeast territory, and I have some ideas I would like to share with you. The best way to reach me is my cell (555-555-5555) or email email@example.com. Thank you for your time!
Optician Resume Samples
Opticians are eye care professionals who assist customers in selecting eyeglasses and contact lenses and then fitting the customers for them. Example resumes of Opticians include such skills as obtaining measurements of clients' eyes and securing fitting information for eyewear orders, and assessing prescriptions, eye measurements, and frame parameters for proper lens selection and inputting said data into the lab computer system. Opticians' resumes need only reflect a high school diploma and licensure in select states.
Looking for cover letter ideas? See our sample Optician Cover Letter.
Assist patients with frame and lens selection based upon prescriptions written by ophthalmologists or optometrists
- Ranked 2nd in the region of thirteen stores for achieving the highest sales-to-plan in 2014.
- Measured the distance between the corneas of the eyes
- Inspected eyewear lenses through a manual Lensometer
- Adjust glasses and perform minor eyeglass repair
- Collected insurance information and provided the best sales options for patients
Played a critical role in ensuring a patient focused, customer oriented experience.
- Scheduled appointments, updated system with most recent contact and insurance information.
- Performed initial prescreening test, assisted with frame and lens selection that best suited patients' lifestyle and prescription needs.
- Assisted patients with contact lens insertion and removal.
- Prepared work order for Shopko's optical laboratory.
- Dispensed frames, verified prescriptions using automatic lensometer.
Recommend specific lenses, coatings and frames to the our clients based on their needs and preferences.
- Perform eye-wear adjustments
- Trained and configured custom RevolutionEHR software for the practice
- Responsible for all aspects of sales, billing and insurance processing
- Completed daily administrative tasks and maintained multiple eye wear displays
- In charge of marketing and social media presence. Spearheaded a partnership with Paws
Assisted the patients in frame and lens selection with accurate size adhering to prescription
- Managed adjustments of spectacles and frame styling
- Administered optical lens and frame sales, ensured insurance billing, and computed all charges and credits.
- Generated daily and monthly financial reports and ensured sending recalls and patient statements monthly.
- Managed optical lens and frame sales
- Assisted patients to select eyewear; insert and remove contact lenses; and processed custom optical product orders.
- Maintained telephone etiquette; greeted patients & responded to their queries; scheduled appointments
Receptionist/ Apprentice Optician
Began employment as a receptionist and earned two promotions after successfully demonstrating commitment to customers and job tasks
- Performed quality control oversight of other staff to ensure correct procedures were followed
- Coordinated with doctors and customers to select the correct products
- Trained new staff on company procedures and routines
Leverage talents and expertise to achieve daily goals and objectives, which includes providing world-class customer service as Dispensing Optician for one of the largest eyeglass retailers in the United States.
- Champion service goals by communicating effectively with customers and providing coaching on best practice methods for selecting from a wide variety of lenses based on individual needs.
- Employ technical proficiency to troubleshoot lenses using the lensometer.
- Researched and gained familiarity in many different types of frames and methods for assisting customers with selecting frames based on both function and aesthetics.
- Gained proficiency in adjusting a wide variety of frames to maximize comfort and use.
- Created and implemented "Complete Sales Service" processes to provide guidance in assisting customers throughout the entire service experience (from frame selection to final fitting as a single point of contact). Efforts resulted in an increase of customer satisfaction by 22% in 3 months.
Analyzed and filled the patients' optical prescription utilizing a variety of equipment.
- Gained all the fundamental knowledge needed to work in any optical setting.
- Adjusted frames, broken frame parts and identified problems based on misaligned frame parts.
- Registered patients, confirmed appointments and updated and maintained patient records.
Managed one of the top revenue producing locations within the organization
- Built out and staffed entire practice from doctors of optometry to opticians and lab personnel
- Developed business plans and set goals for sales and expenses
- Controlled outgoing and incoming expenses
- Projected sales and store expense budgeting process via specific data analysis methods
- Audited cash balance and reconciled store inventory and ledger entries
- Produced and edited sales advertising campaigns and developed targeted market pricing strategies
- Managed employment opportunities, initiated hiring process, and performed employee evaluations
Optician / Customer Service Rep
Outstanding customer service kept our customers loyal - via storefront, website, email, phone and postal mail.
- Processed new orders, making sure each was accurate; verified and documented lab interactions; resolved unforeseen issues; and called or emailed customers to keep them informed on status of their order
- Verified/submitted insurance information/coverage
- Inventoried, reconciled and ordered frames/lenses
- Kept inventory at Killeen location as current (latest styles, labels, etc) as possible
- Reported daily sales, orders, and payments to corporate director in New York for corporate reconciliations
- Assisted with closure of satellite location - inventoried/packed merchandise to be shipped to remaining stores and/or consolidate with Killeen location
Directly responsible for handling phone calls, scheduling appointments, insurance billing, greeting persons entering organization, and dealing with queries from the public and customers
- Verified and ensured that finished lenses are ground to specifications
- Prepared work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses
- Performed dispensing of glasses and adjusted to patients need
- Assisted clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensures that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions
Upload Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Get personalized feedback on improving your resume to land more interviews.
- See how you resume performs in automated scanners most employers use.
- Delivered in 48 hours
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.